PRE & POST CARE PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS
Microneedling, PRP, Chemical Peels
- Use your prescribed pre-treatment skin care regimen for 4-6 weeks prior to your appointment. We know medical-grade skincare preparation is critical to treatment safety and efficacy. Please understand that we may not be able to perform your procedure without proper preparation for your own protection.
- Avoid sun tanning, sun exposure of self-tanners for 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Discontinue topical retinols 7 days prior to your appointment.
- Come to your appointment with no makeup on your face. We think you’re beautiful without it and we will just have to wash it off anyway 😉 Eye make-up is ok.
- Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores around your mouth to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment. (Valtrex or acyclovir 500 mg, twice a day for 1-2 days before and 3 days after treatment)
- Please use ONLY the provided post-care for 7 days after your treatment.
- Avoid sun and over-heating for 7-14 days after your treatment. Please be vigilant about using the SPF provided.
- The skin may appear red and swollen and have a mild sunburn sensation. This is a normal reaction. It can last from a few hours to days after treatment. Applying a cold compress for the first 24 hours will help minimize swelling.
- If feeling super dry, Aquaphor may be applied to dry areas.
- Resume your usual skincare day 7 post-treatment. Retinol use may resume 7-10 days post-treatment.
- Subsequent treatments may be scheduled once healing is complete or 2-4 weeks after the last treatment.
Treatment Specific Notes:
- Post-Peel can be very itchy. You may use 1% hydrocortisone cream to help with the itch and if you tolerate Benadryl (diphenhydramine), try 25mg of Benadryl every 8 hours. This may make you sleepier than usual. Peeling typically starts day 3 or 4 and lasts a couple of days. Avoid picking!! Do not pull off the flaking skin. Let it fall off. Additionally, the amount of peeling does not reflect the efficacy of the peel.
- Post Microneedling: Redness will resolve in 1-2 days. Light flaking is not uncommon on days 3-4 but does not always happen. Results of microneedling are not visualized for 4-6 weeks and multiple treatments will be necessary for ideal results.